Every person can do something
Mission as Life is about you. You’re here because:
- You want to glorify God in all that you do.
- You want to live out God’s values in the world.
- You want to make the world you live in a better place to live.
Mission as Life is designed to help you:
- Create a community which will help you place God’s priorities at the center of your life.
- Discover how God has uniquely gifted you for service and advancing His Kingdom.
- Connect with others and learn from them, be encouraged by them, and share with them changes you are making in your life.
- Discover resources like books for deepening your knowledge of God and His Kingdom agenda, and information on how to select agencies for short term mission trips and long term local involvement.
Individualism is a bedrock value in our culture. What’s great is that it emphasizes that every individual is important and valued by God. What’s not so great is that it can instill in us a “Lone Ranger” mentality that fosters the false belief that to do something requires you doing something “heroic”. When you think about it, it’s ironic that individualism can foster a sense of helplessness or insignificance.
Still, what you contribute makes a huge difference. Remember, together the drops of water form Niagara Falls. God has uniquely gifted you, placed potential greatness within you, and all you have to do to release it is:
- Show up. You have to be where God wants you for Him to release His power.
- Yield yourself to His Spirit to guide you, teach you, and use your abilities.
- Learn to do small things with great love.
If you can do the above three things, God can use you in powerful ways.
God has uniquely gifted you, placed potential greatness within you...